Thursday, June 28, 2007

Before I was a mother...

I was reading the blog of a friend of a friend (yes, I often find myself reading blogs of people I don't know...I don't know why!) and she had a post called Before I was a mother. I enjoyed reading it so much that I thought I'd do my own list and see what my friends could add to it! Hope you enjoy.

Before I was a mother...

  • I could eat my meal before it was cold
  • I never paid much attention to the color of poop
  • I could go to Target 4 times a week just for fun
  • I could sleep through tornado sirens
  • I thought all bottles were created equal

Before I was a mother...

  • I didn't know where the wild things were
  • I didn't know about the great green room and the red balloon
  • I didn't know just how Very hungry the caterpillar was
  • I didn't know that you shouldn't give a mouse a cookie

Before I was a mother...

  • I had a limited understanding of sacrifical love
  • I didn't realize all my mom did and does!
  • I never said "Forever and Always" or "To the moon and back"
  • I didn't know I could love my husband more

2 comments:

Perks said...

Hey there Lynna-
Erin said she found my link through you. I then had to find you of course!

I hadn't seen John Paul yet. He is a beautiful baby! My goodness! These are the best days!
Enjoy!
denise

rebekca said...

That is one of the sweetest posts I have read! Of course you don't know me, I found myself unable to sleep and browsing from a friend of a friend's blog and found yours. It was the picture of your little one that caught my eye, but your blog entry was what stopped my heart for just a bit...