Friday, February 20, 2009

Conversations

#1
Yesterday morning before school:
Me: "You get to go to school today and see your Friends!" (he was sick last week)
John Paul: "And see Griff?"(his bff)
M: " No. Griff went to see his grandparents in Arkansas."
JP: "I want to go to Arkansas."

then last night he randomly says...

JP: "I want to go in Arkansas with Griff grandparents!"

#2
This morning from the living room I hear:

JP: "Lynna, Look!!" " Lynna"
Me: " What is my name?"
JP: "Mom" ( with a sheepish grin on his face!)

a few minutes later:

JP: "Lynna! Look!" (looking at me smiling!)


He has already started saying "Mom" instead of "Mommy" which I can handle, but "Lynna" ?? I don't think so!

9 comments:

Mel said...

OK, that completely cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh!

Mindi Tipps said...

Lynna? Oh that's so sad. Crazy how observant kids are, huh?

Megan said...

Oh I remember those "Mom" calling days. They still come and go. I am happy to report Kennedy still lets a "Mommy" slip every once in awhile which keeps me satisfied that I haven't completely lost my baby.

Rebekah said...

I had to laugh about the "Mom" thing because I was just having that conversation with Brooklyn. She has started calling me "Mother" which I do not like, so I have been correcting her to call me "mama" or "mommy". "Mom" and "Mother" just make her sound way too old(and me too!)Your children are precious.

Britney said...

LOL! Addie calls Shawn "Shawn" quite often. Only once or twice has she called me "Britney," but she does say "Mother" and "Mom" quite a bit! They are too funny!

Emily said...

I love that little man and he's so smart! I'll share this story so others can enjoy...at Phil's last week he's getting ready to come down the big green slide & I'm at bottom cheering him on saying things like ,"Bring it! Show me what you got! Show me what you got!" Well he's smart & took me literally so instead of sliding down the slide and he opened both his hands and said, "I got nothing!" Oh...I love you John Paul!

The Smith Family said...

Griffin sure missed John Paul too! He tells me all the time, "I love John Paul, and Kennedy, and Brinton"- I guess those are his "Top 3". Cant wait to see you this week

David and Michelle Simpson said...

He is starting young- :)

Unknown said...

Hi, Lynna! This really made me smile. I loved catching up on your blog. The kids are adorable, and the pictures themselves are fun to look at--vibrant color and fun perspectives! Hope all is well!