Monday, October 20, 2008

What a Morning! Part 2

2:00 am- Up with Kate for 1 hour (she normally sleeps until at least 5)

7:00am- Up with Kate for the morning.

7:30 am- Kate has blow-out while eating breakfast.

7:45 am- John Paul walks into Kate's room while I'm cleaning her up. He smells!!! As he turns around, I notice that his blue pj's have a brown tint from neck to knees!

7:50am- John Paul in bath, Kate crying in swing, Mom covered in poop.

8:00am- John Paul clean, Kate stopped crying, Mom cleaning poop off pillow, sheets, comforter.

8:30am- Kate down for nap, John Paul watching Curious George and eating cereal, Mom preparing to disinfect the whole house. 2nd load of laundry.


I know others of you have had similar morning....I'd love to hear your stories! (btw, John Paul had a normal day yesterday and acts like he feels just fine but no school today just in case!)

6 comments:

Emily said...

HOLY POOP! Wow...I must admit I giggled all the way through...but I am sorry for such a rough morning! Love you all!

Mindi Tipps said...

Oh wow. That's a lot of poop. Kate and John Paul are always welcome to spend some time over here with Aubrey and I if you need to keep disenfecting, or just sit. =)

Christy said...

My monring is no comparison! It was a sleepless night, but we did it without the poop or puke (for a change, puke is normal with our reflux baby!). Samantha in bed at 7:30 (under protest, and her normal bedtime is 7) Me in bed at 9:30. Samantha awake at 11pm, refused to nurse, drank 1 oz from a bottle, back to sleep at 11:40. Samantha awake at 1:00am, refuse to nurse, refused bottle, back to sleep at 1:45am. Samantha awake at 2:30am (not sure how long she stayed awake, b/c I woke Brent to go take care of her) Samantha awake at 4:00am, refused to nurse, drank 1 oz from a bottle. She is now wide awake, and wants to play. Gets very mad when I try to put her in bed, so I put her in my bed thinking that she will calm down and go to sleep. Nope, more kicking, pulling my hair and squealing. My alarm goes off at 5:30. She is still awake, refuses to nurse but drinks 3 oz from a bottle and falls asleep while drinking. I get up and get dressed for work, pack her bag and go to get the sleeping child just after 7 to get her packed up to go to the babysitters house. She cries and fights getting in her car seat (which she hardly ever does!) We get to the babysitters house and she is suddenly all smiles and happily waves bye to me at 7:45. It's almost enough to make me start drinking cofee! I hope that when these next couple of teeth pop out in the next couple of days she will go back to sleeping at night rather than screaming...sigh...but I didn't have any poop to clean up. Yeah!

Megan said...

Oh your stories make me smile! What misery in the moment but I know you will look back on this craziness and smile someday. You are a good Mom. Handling two simultaneous blowouts at once is impressive! Keep up the good work and the funny time lines. :)

The Smith Family said...

What a morning! Can't wait for my turn :)

The Loftis Family said...

Yes, those are the crazy days you think, "Who am I and what am I doing?" Glad you survived.