Sunday, November 29, 2009

Kids say the funniest things...

Since I'm so far behind on posting photos and the task of catching up seems overwhelming at the moment, I thought I'd write a few of the things John Paul has said lately that we don't ever want to forget.

1. This morning he came into our room at 6:30am and we didn't want to get up so Paul asked John Paul to go fix our breakfast (joking of course) and his very quick response was "I'm not a chef".

2. To avoid naptime today, he called me into room:
JP: My tummy hurts.
Me: Why?
JP: Because I have feelings.
Me: Rest is best for a hurt tummy.
JP: I'm all better.

3. A few weeks ago, Kate pooped in the bathtub so we hurriedly got JP out so to not re bathe him. As Paul carried him out of the room he said: "Kate, Santa Claus saw that!". Not 2 nights later, he pooped in the tub and asked everyone if they wanted to see it!


Not to leave Kate out, I'll just give an update on her development. She started walking at about 13 months (about 3 months ago!) and now tries to do EVERYTHING her brother does! She has lots of words including: baby, mama, dada, apple, thank you, please, bye bye, night night, cracker, juice, church, go, up, eat, cheese. She is a sweet but stubborn girl who will make a great big sister in a few months!

2 comments:

xcrossroadsx said...

I love the chef comment- hyseterical!

The Perkins Family said...

Don't you wish you could transcribe every conversation?! As the years go by, those funny, sweet conversations will change. They love talkin' to their mommies.(at least for now they do) :)